For Immediate Release
HARLEYSVILLE, PA. July 2016.
NMI (Natural Marketing Institute), a leading global research, strategic consulting and intelligence provider, is pleased to release its 12th Edition Consumer Report: 2016 Healthy Aging Across Generations. This report seeks to provide insights into how today’s consumer is confronting their own health and wellness, uncover factors that are creating health challenges, and reveal some underlying dynamics that may help to provide a glimpse into what lies ahead. In addition, insights into how each generation is dealing with these opportunities and challenges are presented.
Steve French, NMI Managing Partner, shares that “this report reveals how the “health” tide is rising across all sectors of the population driven in part by dissatisfaction with the healthcare system, increased corporate transparency, mixed media messages, a renewed sense of self-responsibility and a desire to take control in an environment where independence is a coveted state. In addition, this rising tide is not being driven solely by the aging population. Instead, it is being embraced across the entire demographic spectrum, prompting the need for products and services to promote “healthy aging” to even the youngest generations; an imperative that requires a shift from the current focus on the aged.”
“However, while this renewed sense of self-responsibility is fueling a desire to take control of all aspects of their life, consumers are, at times, falling short of their goals. In essence, a gap oftentimes exists in what consumers believe they should do and what they actually do, where lack of understanding, lack of resources, and fluctuating commitment to healthy aging behaviors all play a role”.
This report covers the various dimensions of healthy aging, and the opportunities which exist to help consumers translate their aspirational attitudes into actual behaviors, thereby lessening the ‘say/do’ gap and keeping them on a healthier lifestyle path.
Some topics include…
- The broad range of lifestyle dynamics which drive “healthy aging”
- The challenges of consumers’ unmet need states
- Interest in a range of products and services to fit emerging “healthy aging” needs
- An understanding of how each generation is financially prepared for retirement
- Identification of consumers’ biggest fears of aging
2016 Healthy Aging Across Generations offers 140+ pages with 10 chapters of new research on consumer need states, targeting, attitudes, behavior patterns, trends and opportunities including data, charts, graphs, analysis, commentary, and more!
NMI's Report Project Methodology
- Quantitative study since 2005, now with 11 years of trended NMI data based on 35,000+ comprehensive interviews.
- January 2016 research of U.S. adults comprised of 3,465 general population adults 18+, including Millennials, Gen X, Boomers and Matures.
- Nationally projectable and balanced to U.S. Census data across key demographics: gender, age, income, education, region, and race.
- Statistically significant at the 95% confidence level to +/- 1.5%.
For more information on NMI’s 2016 Healthy Aging Across Generations report click here or contact Dana Marinari, Marketing Manager, at Dana.Marinari@NMIsolutions.com